CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 16, 2008

If Arostophanes were Hades Lysistrata would be his proverbial pomegranate

This book to me was really deceptive. I guess I expected more from the characters.
So before I read the book in its entirety this is what I thought each character analysis would be like:
Lysistrata: a crazy, idependent, and self-sufficent character who through her vulgar language and revolutionary actions convinces the womyn of both Athens and Sparta to abstein from sex. Lysistrata also by "sticks it to the man" by lighting the akropolis on fire. Lysistrata is the Grecian epitome of "kicking ass and taking names later"
Lampito- the antagonist in this play constantly indermines Lysistrata's suggestions by constantly suggesting the brutality and rudeness of the Athenian army while secretly alluding to the jealousy that she feels toward Lysistrata.
Kelonike- the unlikely heroine in the story who brings peace to Greece.

But everyone turned out to be bffs and get along really well. I want more conflict!! If someone doesn't get stabbed in the Bluest eye I'll be quite disappointed. j/k...I think.

1 comments:

H-Dub said...

this is very true. i think they all did get along really well when in actuality they wouldn't. what women get along that well these days? no one, i think they would've been a little more hectic and they wouldn't get along so well but they did and i was like huh, well that works, too.